SMC Clean is our deeply enhanced system for maintain the highest level of cleanliness and sanitizing in the clubs. This includes additional staffing and upgraded products and cleaning equipment that meet the highest current CDC standards. SMC Clean includes:
- The clubs have procured the highest level of cleaning and disinfecting products available and have diligently stockpiled inventory to ensure ongoing supply. All cleaning agents used for cleaning and/or disinfection have been approved by management and recommended by the CDC, WHO, and/or state health department and registered with the EPA.
- We have installed Merv-13 rated air filters across both Saw Mill Club locations. These are the highest rated filters available and recommended by New York State.
- We have doubled the number of sanitizing wipe buckets and hand sanitizing bottles throughout the clubs and in all studio spaces for your use.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be available inside each studio.
- All Hand Sanitizer and Hospital-grade Disinfecting Wipes placed throughout the club have an 80% ethyl alcohol base.
Special “Health Guard” staffing has been hired to enhance daily ongoing cleaning and sanitizing in all areas of both facilities. Health Guards will roam the clubs and be visible wearing bright green shirts with a Health Guard logo on them.
- Communal areas will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day. Members will be required to sanitize use of communal spaces after each use with sanitation wipes provided.
- 30 minute cleaning breaks have been scheduled between all classes to make sure that instructors and cleaners and have ample time to thoroughly clean all spaces and equipment before each class.
- The club’s air and ventilation systems have undergone a thorough cleaning and have been calibrated to ensure maximum fresh air flow into all club spaces.
- Deep cleaning of the entire facility using the Clorox 360 Hydrostatic Sprayer will occur weekly. Hydrostatic spray technology is state of the art for effectively disinfecting public spaces.
- All Employees and members must wipe down all high-usage surfaces including any fitness equipment with supplied disinfectant wipes before and after every use.
- At pre-determined periods throughout the day, areas of the club may be closed for deeper cleaning using EPA registered disinfectants and cleansers.
- High-touch surfaces will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Members who do not comply with all cleaning guidelines will be addressed by a Health Guard or another employee of the club. Members who have repeat offenses may be told they cannot access the facility unless they adhere to the cleaning guidelines of the club.
- Employees will wear disposable gloves when handling soiled towels or trash and change gloves frequently.
We hope you’ll find our comprehensive SMC Member Shield program, including Saw Mill Safe and Saw Mill Clean to be laser focused on your safe member experience. We look forward to seeing you at the clubs soon!
Member Best Safety Practices
- Stay home if you have a temperature, someone in your house is sick, you (or someone in your household) have been exposed to Covid 19.
- Pre-plan your workout routine to avoid lingering.
- Only touch the items you will use.
- Avoid items that are not easily cleaned.
- Wear a mask as you enter and leave the building.
- Wipe down each piece of equipment you use before and after use and dispose of the wipe appropriately.
- Wash your hands before you enter and after you leave. Use hand sanitizer when washing hands is not an option.
- Remember social distancing requirements in all areas of the club, even when walking around.