SMC Safe Outdoor Pool Usage
The health and safety of our swimmers and staff remains our highest priority. Below you will find a summary of actions we are taking to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible while also allowing our swimmers to enjoy the water.
- We are promoting healthy hygiene practices, such as encouraging all staff, patrons, and swimmers to stay home if they are unwell, wash their hands frequently, cover coughs and sneezes, wearing cloth face coverings when not in the water
• Cloth face coverings should not be placed on children younger than 2 years of age, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the cover without assistance.
- We have increased cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation within our facilities by: cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces, such as handrails, lounge chairs, and door handles. We also have adequate soap, hand sanitizer and paper towels.
- We have a reservation system in place so we can carefully manage the capacity of bathers in our outdoor pool area at all times.
- We encourage social distancing when possible by changing deck layouts to ensure patrons can remain 6 feet apart in standing and seating areas, providing visual cues like tape on floors and staggering use of communal spaces such as locker rooms, limiting large group events on premises and staggering drop offs.
- We encourage all members to come with their own goggles, towels, and play toys for the
pool area. We will not provide the use of any shared equipment or pool items.