Acupuncture involves the insertion of fine needles into specific points on the body to access and regulate the body’s Qi (vital energy) in order to promote healing and wellness.
The following treatments are available at the club:
Traditional Oriental Medicine: Acupunture, Tui-Na, Qi-Gong & Herbology
Acupuncture, Tui-na (massage), Qi-Gong (energy work) and Herbology are four branches of Traditional Oriental Medicine. These interrelated modalities, practiced in China for more than 4000 years, were developed for maintaining health and treating disease.
Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation -The Non-Surgical Facial Lift
A simple therapy that restores youthful vibrancy to your skin by boosting collagen production and improving muscle tone. The ancient art of acupuncture forms the basis for Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation and the revolutionary Echo2 Plus Oxygen facial system enhances your results.
Some of the beneﬁts of Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation:
- Eliminates ﬁne lines and diminishes wrinkles
- Boosts collagen production and increases muscle tone
- Enhances circulation and improves facial color
- Tightens pores and reduces bags and sagging
- Decreases edema and pufﬁness
- Heals acne and brightens eyes
Tui-na is a “push and pull” type of massage performed along acupuncture points and meridians. For those who enjoy massage, Tui-na affords an acupuncture type treatment without needles. Tui-na is used to address specific ailments as well as to promote health and wellbeing.
Qi-Gong is a form of curative therapy that works through the energy in our bodies and in the environment to overcome imbalances that lead to illness. It is based on fundamental principles of Taoism and universal laws of nature that recognize energy fields in and around us and our ability to influence them for health and wellbeing.
Herbology is the practice of combining medicinal herbs, many of which form the basis for modern pharmaceuticals, for the treatment of disease and enhancement of the normal constitution. Herbal formulas are custom-prepared for each individual based on their unique Oriental Medicine diagnosis.
These practices have been shown to be effective in the treatment of many health problems such as:
- Musculoskeletal disorders, e.g. back and neck pain, tennis elbow, bursitis, sciatica, sports injuries, arthritis and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Respiratory disorders, e.g. allergies, sinusitis, cold and flu, asthma and bronchitis
- Digestive disorders, e.g. nausea, ulcers indigestion, constipation, colitis and diarrhea
- Neurological disorders, e.g. headaches, migraines, post-stroke paralysis, Parkinson’s disease, trigeminal neuralgia and pain
- Emotional disorders, e.g. stress, insomnia, anxiety, depression and nervousness
- Health and Wellness, e.g. blood pressure regulation, smoking cessation, immune system enhancement and weight loss
Acupuncture treatments are available at Saw Mill Club through Michelle Davidson,an Oriental Medicine practitioner. Ms. Davidson, MPS, LAc, is trained to use multiple acupuncture modalities when treating patients. In addition, through nutritional and lifestyle counseling, she works with patients to help balance their constitution and optimize their health and performance.
To schedule an appointment, contact Michelle Davidson:
Phone: (914) 241-0797 ext. 3094