We are thrilled to announce that Saw Mill Club outdoor tennis began on Monday, May 18th. It’s been great for our members to be able to get outdoors, enjoy the sunshine and get healthy tennis exercise.
The safety of our members and staff is very important to us – in conjunction with federal, state, local, and USTA guidelines, we will be implementing new safety protocols for booking, checking in, cleaning/sanitizing and social distancing once we resume. The mental and physical benefits of getting back on the court is something we all look forward to.
Below are the rules and guidelines that are in place. Please adhere to them and do not ask tennis professionals to make exceptions. These rules are in place for the health and safety of all of our members and staff.
Coronavirus Guidelines for Safe Outdoor Tennis Play
- Outdoor tennis play is open to members only during this time. No guests until further notice.
- Prior reservations are required for all courts.
- All member activity will be managed and monitored on-site by Saw Mill Club staff.
- Singles or Doubles play. Four players per court is the maximum allowed.
- All activity must strictly follow all federal government recommended social distancing measures as defined by the CDC when arriving to and departing from a court.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines to make your way to the courts. No gathering of any kind before or after play is allowed.
- All court entry points will be propped open to prevent any touching of hard surfaces.
- Each player must have their own can of balls with their initials on it. Players MUST NOT touch other players’ tennis balls.
- During matches, players should only do the change over at the end of each set, while keeping social distancing a priority.
- Players should come to the facility no more than 10 minutes prior to their court reservation and depart immediately after play. Members must wait by their vehicles until proceeding to their assigned tennis court, once it has been cleared for play by Saw Mill Club staff.
- The club’s outdoor locker rooms, bathrooms and showers are closed. Please come to the club ready to play. Bring towels from home as the main club building is closed and therefore towel service is not available.
- Saw Mill Club staff will wear face masks or coverings. Members will wear masks when not playing.
SMC Safe Play Court Reservation Procedures:
- All court reservations must be made in advance via the SMC app prior to coming to the club.
- Members can make a court reservation up to 6 days in advance. No more than 2 reservations per member per 6 day rolling period.
- Members must arrive 10 minutes prior to their scheduled reservation in order to check in at the SMC designated area with a Staff member. Please be ON TIME.
- For everyone’s safety, a face mask is required by all members & staff when off the tennis courts.
All players must be listed on the reservation.
- Singles Play will be limited to 60 minute reservations. There will be a 15 minute break between court reservations in order to get courts ready for next reservation. At the end of 60 minutes, a horn will sound. At which point, members must stop play, gather their belongings & exit the premises immediately. A timely departure ensures safe distancing & an on time start for members who are arriving for the next reservation. Please don’t forget to throw out your trash in the designated bins.
- No outside equipment can be brought in for use. Maximum of 12 tennis balls per court.
- For everyone’s safety, No congregating allowed on SMC premises.
- In case of an inclement weather, please contact us via email at Tennis@sawmillclub.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to check on the status of your reservation prior to leaving your house. Should your reservation be canceled or changed for any reason, a SMC staff member will notify you via an email and/or a phone call.
SMC On Court Safe Play Recommendations:
- For court reservations, Members should purchase (available at check in) or bring their own can of balls. Marking the balls with players’ initials will prevent touching the opponent’s balls.
- During lessons, please do not touch the balls, carts or the hoppers. Players should assist by rolling the balls towards the net with their racquet, while the staff member will pick up the balls.
- Members should bring their own sunscreen, towels & water.
- Should there be a ball hit from a different court onto your court, please ONLY use your racquet to return it.
- During private lessons, each SMC tennis professional will have their designated teaching equipment.
Member dues will not be charged at this time, as the full facility remains closed. However, all member will be able to charge the available tennis courts and services on their account. (see fees/services below):
Court Reservation Fees
|Private Lesson Fees
Singles: (60 Minutes)
|Doubles (90 Minutes||$60||Director of Tennis:||$125|
SMC has a strict 24hr cancellation policy. Please let us know prior to 24hrs should you wish to make any changes to your service. There will be no credits/refunds for late cancellations.
If any questions, please email:
Tennis Office Manager, Oksana Mikhailova or Director of Tennis, Zuka Mukhuradze